Cancer affects the body when cells divide wildly to form masses of tissue called tumors. Tumors can grow and hold up with the digestive, nervous, and circulatory system, and they can release hormones that affect body function. Tumors that stay in one spot and exhibit limited growth are generally considered to be benign.
When a tumor spreads all over the body then it destroys the healthy tissues and generate very difficult situation and it is also difficult to treat.
Cancer is a fetal disease, also called malignancy, is an abnormal growth of cells. There are more than 100 types of cancer, including:
- Breast cancer
- Skin cancer
- Lung cancer
- Colon cancer
- Prostate cancer
Cause of Cancer
- Cancer occurs when a cell’s gene mutations make the cell unable to correct DNA damage and unable to commit suicide. Similarly, cancer is a result of mutations that inhibit oncogene and tumor suppressor gene function, leading to uncontrollable cell growth.
- Carcinogen is any substance or radiation that is directly involved in causing cancer.
- Malnutrition and obesity also sometimes causes cancer.
- Family History and genetic problems also causes cancer.
- Physical agents, Radiations, some hormones also cause cancers.
- Cancers are primarily an environmental disease with 90–95% of cases ascribed to environmental factors and 5–10% due to genetics Common environmental factors that contribute to cancer death include tobacco , diet and , infections, radiation, stress, lack of physical activity, and environmental pollutants.
Symptoms of Cancer
Symptoms of cancer vary depending on:
- The type and where the cancer is located
- Where it has spread
- How big the tumor is
Some cancers symptoms are Physical apparent and other cancers have symptoms that are less physically apparent. For example
- A lump on the breast or testicle can be an indicator of cancer.
- Skin cancer is showed by a change in a wart or mole on the skin. Some oral cancers present white patches inside the mouth or white spots on the tongue.
- Some brain tumors can present symptoms early in the disease as they affect important cognitive functions.
- Pancreas cancers are usually too small to cause symptoms until they cause pain .Symptoms also can be created as a tumor grows and pushes against organs and blood vessels.
- Colon cancers lead to symptoms such as constipation, diarrhea, and changes in stool size. Bladder cancers cause changes in bladder function such as more frequent or infrequent urination.
- Cancer cells use the body’s energy and interfere with normal hormone function and show symptoms such as fever, low energy, excessive sweating, anemia, and weight loss.
- Cancer that spreads to the brain shows symptoms like vertigo, headaches, or seizures.
- Spreading to the lungs may cause coughing and shortness of breath or liver may become enlarged and cause jaundice and bones can become painful, brittle, and break easily.
Treatment of Cancer
There are different kind of treatments and therapies according to nature and type of cancer that a doctor suggest such as
- Clinical Trials
- Immunotherapy and Vaccines
- Personalized and Targeted Therapies
- Radiation Therapy
- Photodynamic Therapy
- Laser in Cancer treatment
In cancer special care as well as moral support of family and friends is very important at all ages a special health care and counseling plays a very important for the patient s to bring them back in life.